Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Toy Story 3 Demo Reel by Victor Navone

Toy Story 3 Demo Reel by Victor Navone: After co-directing 4 Cars Toons I needed a break and wanted to get back to animating; Toy Story 3 was the perfect show to get on to! At first I was very intimidated by the idea of animating Buzz and Woody, so I asked for shots with humans. I got a really challenging pantomime acting shot of Andy and Mom, and best of all I got to do Bonnie's introduction, for which I drew a lot from my own daughters. Once I got the courage, animating Woody was fun, and I feel like I have a knack for him. Buzz was much more challenging, and I don't feel like I nailed Spanish Buzz as well as others like Carlos Baena did. You can see some of my planning drawings for these shots here:
flickr.com/photos/victor_navone/sets/72157630141719628/

No comments:

Post a Comment